Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter

So I just finished I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You. It is the first book in the Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter.
Back Cover: Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girls school - typical, that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses, but it's really a school for spies. Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man seven different ways with her bare hands, she has no idea what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she is an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap into his phone, hack into his computer, or track him through town with the skill of a real "pavement artist" - but can she maneuver a relationship with someone who can never know the truth about her?
Review: Cammie is just an average teen. Not beautiful, not ugly; not fat, not skinny; not tall, not short, dealing with normal teenage troubles. High school and boys. But when you're a chameleon at a school for spies, everything is different. From crazy CoveOps tests with the hunky teacher, to Josh the Tell-Suzie-she's-a-lucky-cat boy, and Macey the new diva roomate, Cammie's life provides an interesting story for teens to read. 5/5
5/5

1 comment:

  1. Hi Natalie! :) Nice to meet you. I'm Sonia.

    I remember reading this book years ago (I think it was back when it had just been released) and thinking it was SO COOL. (Spies! Gadgets! Oooh!) I want to re-read it now because I think the coolness factor will totally still be there, me being a giant nerd in the present and all. I'm glad you liked it!

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete